The weekend football thread.

Life would be boring without it!
redman

Re: The weekend football thread.

Post by redman » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

its totally unrealistic to think liverpool can challenge for teh title next year but they should be gunning for a top 4 place (as tough as that will be)

they need natural width and to improve the centre of defence - skrtel is a carthorse - agger is decent but injury prone and carra is coing towards the end - i think young martin kelly may turn out to be a good centre half actually he is a big, quick strong lad and i think is a more natural centre half than full back

gerrard cannot and will not continue to carry the team on his back anymore and as much as he is a legend i dont think he is anywhere near as absolutely vital as he was to us - our recent good run has not featured him and whilst of course he will be a big player for us for a year or two more yet we can cope without him - with a more fluid forward line he wont need to be the kind of player he was bursting forward all the time and i see him sitting more and knocking it about to the likes of suarez to go and make it happen

we are moving in the right direction and whilst still behind the likes of man u arsenal and chelsea and of course with city having all that cash we are going into next season in better shape than we entered the last

get the buys right in the summer and keep blooding the promising kids that the academy is turning out and the future is brighter than it has been for a while

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Tue May 10, 2011 6:19 pm

ach well, i reckon the title will be headed to that shitehole in govan after tomorrow night.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue May 10, 2011 6:27 pm

DrZoidberg wrote:ach well, i reckon the title will be headed to that shitehole in govan after tomorrow night.
a black day indeed :(

scooby

Post by scooby » Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:ach well, i reckon the title will be headed to that shitehole in govan after tomorrow night.
a black day indeed :(
a fantastic day indeed,3 in a row :D

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Spuds.

All the gear, no idea.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Spuds.

Shoot from the hip, have a chip.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Triffic......saggy 'the messiah' chops will be under pressure at the start of next season...
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 pm

spuds were shite.

if you cant shoot, there's no point in being able to pass 300 times.

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Tue May 10, 2011 11:07 pm

redman wrote:its totally unrealistic to think liverpool can challenge for teh title next year but they should be gunning for a top 4 place (as tough as that will be)

they need natural width and to improve the centre of defence - skrtel is a carthorse - agger is decent but injury prone and carra is coing towards the end - i think young martin kelly may turn out to be a good centre half actually he is a big, quick strong lad and i think is a more natural centre half than full back

gerrard cannot and will not continue to carry the team on his back anymore and as much as he is a legend i dont think he is anywhere near as absolutely vital as he was to us - our recent good run has not featured him and whilst of course he will be a big player for us for a year or two more yet we can cope without him - with a more fluid forward line he wont need to be the kind of player he was bursting forward all the time and i see him sitting more and knocking it about to the likes of suarez to go and make it happen

we are moving in the right direction and whilst still behind the likes of man u arsenal and chelsea and of course with city having all that cash we are going into next season in better shape than we entered the last

get the buys right in the summer and keep blooding the promising kids that the academy is turning out and the future is brighter than it has been for a while
Read today from a reliable source on twitter who seems to be "in the know" that liverpool will have a budget on 90 million! Expect a major marquee signing aswell......Benzema and Aguero can be options. Also seems highly possible of Cahill and Enrique signing as well as Young. Juan Mata seems a possible signing now as Valencia are looking to sell due to severe debts. I take all this info as a pinch of salt but really seems like FSG are goin to splash out. Exciting times ahead at Anfield!

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm

lyallers_YNWA wrote:
redman wrote:its totally unrealistic to think liverpool can challenge for teh title next year but they should be gunning for a top 4 place (as tough as that will be)

Read today from a reliable source on twitter who seems to be "in the know" that liverpool will have a budget on 90 million! Expect a major marquee signing aswell......Benzema and Aguero can be options. Also seems highly possible of Cahill and Enrique signing as well as Young. Juan Mata seems a possible signing now as Valencia are looking to sell due to severe debts. I take all this info as a pinch of salt but really seems like FSG are goin to splash out. Exciting times ahead at Anfield!
i take it thats mae young?

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
lyallers_YNWA wrote:

i take it thats mae young?
Lol i know some of it sounds messed up but the guy has been fairly accurate with his info in the past! Just throwing it out there! I do expect about 6/7 signings. The Yanks will spend money!

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:18 pm

i have no doubt you will buy and buy big mate.

the price of young ashley could well be sky high, there are more than a few bidders.

Nufc4life

Post by Nufc4life » Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Anyone see neil Lennon almost get chinned off a fan? Waisted opportunity me thinks!!

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Wed May 11, 2011 10:25 pm

im sure neil wouldve sparked the wee rocket snapper.

one shot at hitting neil lennon and the fanny slips and scuff lennys forehead.

garry showed him how to connect.

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Wed May 11, 2011 11:23 pm

christ sake knots, what happened at station park???

Knots & crosses

The weekend football thread.

Post by Knots & crosses » Thu May 12, 2011 12:17 am

DrZoidberg wrote:christ sake knots, what happened at station park???
They rested players the last two weeks.

It appears no one bothered to tell them they were playing again.

micko

Post by micko » Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 am

Frog, Knots, DR Z, are ye all fecking crazy up there. Poor old Neil Lennon never done anything to anyone ffs. I even heard he loves puppies, truely the sign of a gentle loving person.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 am

them scots are worse than us micko

micko

Post by micko » Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 am

Justin Credible wrote:them scots are worse than us micko
You're right there Gaz, we're only teddy bears compared to those mad feckers.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 am

mick wrote:Frog, Knots, DR Z, are ye all fecking crazy up there. Poor old Neil Lennon never done anything to anyone ffs. I even heard he loves puppies, truely the sign of a gentle loving person.
he looked like a bam who 'supports' the wee huns.

ruined his moment to become a hero in his own house and all his scummy pals by falling on his arse while trying to skelp neil and took a volley off neil for his troubles.

lucky he didn't have a blade or anything on him, though. should never have gotten near him in the first place.