Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Life would be boring without it!
Post Reply
User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm
Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:27 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:09 pm
Ffs.
Flowers it is then.
Flowers or Martyn :D
I've put Flowers and Leicester City now. :lol:
lol! Was better at Blackburn :D That was a very good Blackburn side. Flowers, Le Saux, Hendry, Ripley, Batty, Shearer, Sherwood, Wilcox. Berg who was good for a few season at United. Given was in that squad year they won it.
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm
Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:27 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:09 pm
Ffs.
Flowers it is then.
Flowers or Martyn :D
I've put Flowers and Leicester City now. :lol:
lol! Was better at Blackburn :D That was a very good Blackburn side. Flowers, Le Saux, Hendry, Ripley, Batty, Shearer, Sherwood, Wilcox. Berg who was good for a few season at United. Given was in that squad year they won it.
Henning Berg.
What a legend.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 pm

I'm saying Lampard and Terry.
And putting Given in for Cech.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 pm
I'm saying Lampard and Terry.
And putting Given in for Cech.
Terry in next one I’d say, I’d go Cole and Lampard
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

This would be my team with out 2 per team limit

Cech
Cole
Campbell
Rio
Neville
Ronaldo
Scholes
Lampard
Gerard
Drogba
Henry
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle - GK

Defenders:

Rio Ferdinand- CB - Manchester United
Ashley Cole - LB - Chelsea

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo- RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:48 am

Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle - GK

Defenders:

Rio Ferdinand- CB - Manchester United
Ashley Cole - LB - Chelsea

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo- RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Put Edwin in for Fulham!
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:53 am

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:48 am
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle - GK

Defenders:

Rio Ferdinand- CB - Manchester United
Ashley Cole - LB - Chelsea

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo- RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Put Edwin in for Fulham!
If we're struggling :lol:
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a prime Shay Given if I couldn't sign VDS.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 am

Looks like we're going to have to have Campbell as a definite CB.

What about RB?
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 am

Jimmi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 am
Looks like we're going to have to have Campbell as a definite CB.

What about RB?
From the list I gave, it's going to have to be either Finnan or Carr.

Unless there's a few other shouts?
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am

I'd say Finnan, seen as he won the CL with Liverpool.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 110431
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 am

Jimmi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:53 am
Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:48 am
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle - GK

Defenders:

Rio Ferdinand- CB - Manchester United
Ashley Cole - LB - Chelsea

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo- RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Put Edwin in for Fulham!
If we're struggling :lol:
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a prime Shay Given if I couldn't sign VDS.
Ed had a fine tache
Image

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am
I'd say Finnan, seen as he won the CL with Liverpool.
He was a very good full back.
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am
I'd say Finnan, seen as he won the CL with Liverpool.
He was a very good full back.
Let's go Finnan then.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle United - GK

Defenders:

Steve Finnan - RB - Liverpool
Rio Ferdinand - CB - Manchester United
Sol Campbell- CB - Arsenal
Ashley Cole - LB - Arsenal

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo - RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Didier Drogba - Chelsea - RS
Last edited by Jimmi on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm

We’ll have to go Louis Saha - Fulham
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 14528
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 pm

James Beattie ☺️
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm
2000 - 2009

Goalkeeper:

Shay Given - Newcastle United - GK

Defenders:

Steve Finnan - RB - Liverpool
Rio Ferdinand - CB - Manchester United
Sol Campbell- CB - Arsenal
Ashley Cole - LB - Arsenal

Midfielders:

Cristiano Ronaldo - RM - Manchester United
Frank Lampard - CM - Chelsea

Strikers:

Thierry Henry - Arsenal - LS
Didier Drogba - Chelsea - RS
So Gerrard to go with Lampard?
What about LM?
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Jimmi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm
We’ll have to go Louis Saha - Fulham
As good as he actually was.
It's a no to "sick note"
Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 110431
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Premier League 11 - Through The Years

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:37 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 pm
James wade ☺️
No
Image

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, Tommo and 16 guests