Want to go and watch my first tournament, in need of some info.

General day to day stuff
Jang

Want to go and watch my first tournament, in need of some info.

Post by Jang » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello guys,

First of all, i hope this is the right place to ask this question.

So, as stated in the title in 2020 i would like to go and watch a tournament with some friends.
More specific the PDC belgian darts championship (european tour)! A 3 day tournament (28feb-1mar 2020)

But since im new to the scene, i have no idea about how these tourneys are played/organised.

- What is the best day to go and watch? Friday, saturday or sunday? Is there any difference (like maybe qualifications,...)

- what is the best time to go? Do i buy a noon-ticket, evening-ticket or is a day ticket something you recommend?

- Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings :D

The Thorn

Re: Want to go and watch my first tournament, in need of some info.

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Fridays are usually the worst on the European Tour, the standard is by far the lowest. If you want to see the big names you should go on the Saturday or Sunday. Sunday has the final stages so obviously that's the best one.

I'd buy a ticket for the whole day, just make sure you don't drink too much in the first session :D

Of course you have know how you'll travel there, whether you'll book a hotel or go home after the event etc. I can't help you with that.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Jang

Post by Jang » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:31 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:02 pm Welcome to the forum.

Fridays are usually the worst on the European Tour, the standard is by far the lowest. If you want to see the big names you should go on the Saturday or Sunday. Sunday has the final stages so obviously that's the best one.

I'd buy a ticket for the whole day, just make sure you don't drink too much in the first session :D

Of course you have know how you'll travel there, whether you'll book a hotel or go home after the event etc. I can't help you with that.
Ah i see. Thank you for the information! :D

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Theres a comp going on at the O2 soon , not PDC but thousands of tickets available still so you should able get hold of some, enjoy.