Random Rants!

General day to day stuff
M H
Site Admin

Random Rants!

Post by M H » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Dunno if we've done this before but it's good to let off steam.

Over the last two weeks I've had both my car and house contents renewals come in from my insurers.

Last year the car cost about £460, nothing changed and they wanted £903 to renew. Last year my contents cost £76 for a shed load of cover, nothing changed and they wanted £118 to renew. Both significant increases.

So did the comparison sites and got the car insured including an upgraded courtesy car if necessary for £366. The house came in at £70 with a higher level of cover.

The rant is had the companies gone up a couple of quid I wouldn't have had to take the time to fish around for acceptable deals.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Trueblue32

Re: Random Rants!

Post by Trueblue32 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Car insurance renewal came in the other day at £470 for the next year. One phone call and 5 minutes later, they dropped it to £375. Exactly the same policy. Cunts.

tungsten tossers

Re: Random Rants!

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

M H wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:29 pm Dunno if we've done this before but it's good to let off steam.

Over the last two weeks I've had both my car and house contents renewals come in from my insurers.

Last year the car cost about £460, nothing changed and they wanted £903 to renew. Last year my contents cost £76 for a shed load of cover, nothing changed and they wanted £118 to renew. Both significant increases.

So did the comparison sites and got the car insured including an upgraded courtesy car if necessary for £366. The house came in at £70 with a higher level of cover.

The rant is had the companies gone up a couple of quid I wouldn't have had to take the time to fish around for acceptable deals.
it has got to the stage where I pretty much change companies every year because of this.
Most insurers give the spiel about new person discount in the first year. I wonder how many people just do auto renewal without shopping around. Thieving bastards....