Bitcoins

General day to day stuff
ITG

Bitcoins

Post by ITG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Took the plunge today to buy stuff off the dark web. A bit of a pain in the arse to set up, but easy once its all sorted. Might invest periodically when the price of it drops.

Anyone use this? Worth a fortune now to anyone who had bought in early even for a small amount.

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Bitcoins

Post by Randall » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Sorry, what?

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Brought ten ethereum coins for around £500 late April when it was about £50 a coin and had just started rising.

Each one is now worth around £300.

Have not currently got any bitcoin and am not that interested, seems I missed the boat on that one tbh.

Where are you holding the bitcoins?

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, and buying stuff off the dark.......when do your sex slaves and/or heroin arrive? :D

ITG

Post by ITG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Brought ten ethereum coins for around £500 late April when it was about £50 a coin and had just started rising.

Have not currently got any bitcoin and am not that interested, seems I missed the boat on that one tbh.

Blockchain. They didn't ask for my bank card and account details, which I just don't feel comfortable giving to a stranger. More so for buying dodgy stuff as opposed to an investment though as you say the boat has been missed it seems. The price of it is steadily increasing too, so any dip looks minimal. I take it you will continue to sit on that as opposed to sell or use to buy anything? Seen a few folk on another forum talking about ripple, have you ever used that?

Randall, its basically digital currency, which you can anonymously use to pay for things, as opposed to traditional cash, card, paypal etc methods. My bank were a pain in the arse to set it and blocked my initial transactions. Think they are pretty wary of it due to money laundering and fraud concerns.

ITG

Post by ITG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Oh, and buying stuff off the dark.......when do your sex slaves and/or heroin arrive? :D
Just dodgy streaming stuff, pal.

My mate uses it to buy valium though, ha. Many uses.

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 pm

in the gravy wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:Brought ten ethereum coins for around £500 late April when it was about £50 a coin and had just started rising.

Blockchain. They didn't ask for my bank card and account details, which I just don't feel comfortable giving to a stranger. More so for buying dodgy stuff as opposed to an investment though as you say the boat has been missed it seems. The price of it is steadily increasing too, so any dip looks minimal. I take it you will continue to sit on that as opposed to sell or use to buy anything? Seen a few folk on another forum talking about ripple, have you ever used that?

Randall, its basically digital currency, which you can anonymously use to pay for things, as opposed to traditional cash, card, paypal etc methods. My bank were a pain in the arse to set it and blocked my initial transactions. Think they are pretty wary of it due to money laundering and fraud concerns.
If Ethereum hits 1k in a couple of years time I would probably then withdraw two or three of the coins and leave the rest to either rise or die if the bubble bursts.

Never really looked into Ripple. Seems so cheap that I might throw about £20 at it and see what happens tbh.

If you do start buying cryptos, I would never leave them in the exchange you buy them from.

I use myetherwallet.com to store them in, pretty much no chance of them being hacked/stolen this way.

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 pm

£1 invested in bitcoin on about January 1st 2011 would give you around £30k if cashed out now.

Crazy.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Am aware of virtual currency and also "Wallets" being emptied. The cautious accountant in me screams steer well clear
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm

M H wrote:Am aware of virtual currency and also "Wallets" being emptied. The cautious accountant in me screams steer well clear
As I was saying, if you leave the coins you buy with the exchange you brought them from then you deserve to lose them.

The only way to access my crypto wallet is through a file stored on two memory sticks.

ITG

Post by ITG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
M H wrote:Am aware of virtual currency and also "Wallets" being emptied. The cautious accountant in me screams steer well clear
As I was saying, if you leave the coins you buy with the exchange you brought them from then you deserve to lose them.

The only way to access my crypto wallet is through a file stored on two memory sticks.
FFS only got one sandisk.

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 pm

in the gravy wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:

FFS only got one sandisk.
One is okay.

You can store the file on your computer as well, but it's a bit risky.

If you only have your wallet file on one stick and lose that stick your wallet is likely to be fooked forever. Either buy another one or really don't lose the one that you have.

ITG

Post by ITG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

I'll get another when I'm down at Argos buying my phase 5's during the black friday sale, mate.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:06 am

Up £10k in the last two days. Hope you've all invested wisely. Gotta love repetitive cycles.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:08 am

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/bitcoin ... ket-cycles

Worth a read for anyone wanting to make loads of money.

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:03 pm

I've got 3 million in my crypto bank at the moment.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:02 pm

No you haven’t.

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 pm

What evidence has thou got to suggest that I haven't? Oh dear.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:21 pm

🤤

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:21 pm

Brainbox wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:03 pm I've got 3 million in my crypto bank at the moment.
You might want to consider fucking off.

Killing yourself is an added bonus.