Trump's Favorite Activist Investor Likes Herbalife & Hertz

General day to day stuff
Jungle Jim

Trump's Favorite Activist Investor Likes Herbalife & Hertz

Post by Jungle Jim » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm

http://fortune.com/2017/02/15/donald-tr ... ife-hertz/

Everybody wants to get into Drumpf's business now that he's El Presidente. Perceived conflicts of interest here, perceived conflicts of interest there...perceived conflicts of interest everywhere.

It's a red herring. Smart money would be on the construction firm that will be awarded the government contract to build the promised Great Wall of Mexico.
:mrgreen:

Billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn increased his holdings in Herbalife and Hertz Global Holdings in the fourth quarter, and exited Voltari.

New York-based Icahn also reduced investments in PayPal Holdings (PYPL, +1.09%), Nuance Communications (NUAN, -0.82%) and Freeport-McMoRan, according to a regulatory filing Tuesday. Other holdings remained unchanged as of Dec. 31.

Icahn recently took on a role as special adviser to President Donald Trump, after publicly endorsing the real estate executive's candidacy in September 2015.

Icahn, who rose to fame in the 1980s as a corporate raider and has rebranded himself as an activist investor and outspoken shareholder advocate, has been increasing his stake in Herbalife in a public feud with hedge fund manager Bill Ackman, who has shorted the distributor of nutrition supplements.

As of Dec. 31, Icahn increased his stock share stake in Herbalife (HLF, +0.32%) by 14.7% to 22.5 million shares. Additionally, Icahn increased his stock share stake in Hertz Global (HTZ, +3.29%) by 126.2% to 29.3 million shares.

Conversely, Icahn slashed his stock share stake in Freeport-McMoran (FCX, -0.38%) by 12.3% to 91.2 million class B shares. Freeport's share price rose 94.8% in 2016.

Icahn's publicly traded holding company Icahn Enterprises (IEP, -0.67%) agreed in December to sell its American Railcar Leasing to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking.

The quarterly disclosures of manager stock holdings, known as 13F filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, are always intriguing for investors trying to divine a pattern in what savvy traders are selling and buying.

But relying on the filings to develop an investment strategy comes with some peril because the disclosures are backward looking, coming out 45 days after the end of each quarter.Still, the records offer a glimpse into what hedge fund managers saw as opportunities to make money on the long side. The filings do not disclose short positions, bets that a stock will fall in price. There is little disclosure on bonds and other securities that do not trade on exchanges.

Hutchy72

Re: Trump's Favorite Activist Investor Likes Herbalife & Her

Post by Hutchy72 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:26 pm

No cunt has any interest in your pantomime villain president or any worthless drivel concerning the old country you left behind when you developed a penchant for pushing your wrinkly old toggle into Filipino ladyboys.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:28 pm

token post

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm not posting in this thread.
They're all here!

D'Artagnan

Post by D'Artagnan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Tommo wrote:I'm not posting in this thread.
+1

Jungle Jim

Post by Jungle Jim » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Hutchy72 wrote:No cunt has any interest in your pantomime villain president or any worthless drivel concerning the old country you left behind when you developed a penchant for pushing your wrinkly old toggle into Filipino ladyboys.

Aren't you pleasant little man? I'm thinking you're wishing someone was still sticking their wrinkly old toggle up your bum. Jealously is an ugly curse for some. Maybe there is some sort or 12 step group you can attend? :p

Hutchy72

Post by Hutchy72 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Hurry up and die Popeye, you boring senile old cunt.

Jungle Jim

Post by Jungle Jim » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Hutchy72 wrote:Hurry up and die Popeye, you boring senile old cunt.

You've got me under your skin. :D I'm gonna ride that pony... already found my new beeotch!

D'Artagnan

Post by D'Artagnan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Hutchy72 wrote:Hurry up and die Popeye, you boring senile old cunt.
...one of my favourite sayings too.