Health Conscious ?

General day to day stuff
Justin Credible

Health Conscious ?

Post by Justin Credible » Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 pm

How many people on here are health conscious ?
for almost 20 years I drank every single night, also smoked ciggies and hash.
Gave up hash about 3 years,last year I started cycling everywhere and to college daily, 9 weeks ago gave up ciggies and 6 weeks ago gave up drink,last drink i had was the night I met dicie.

Stopped drinking up to 3litres of cocacola a day...down to an odd glass.
I walk my dogs more often and further than before.

Why dont I feel better ?
I feel just as bad as I did when I was smoking, drinking and stuffing my face with junk.

M H
Site Admin

Re: Health Conscious ?

Post by M H » Sat May 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Ha ha. My old mum keeps saying the fags are gonna kill me, I usually reply "Only once!"
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 4:24 pm

I am now mate. Have been eating alot healthier for about four months now and i do feel better for it.
I dont want to end up with diabetes when i'm older or worse.
You may not see a difference on the outside Gaz but on the inside doing what your doing will help eventually.

micko

Post by micko » Sat May 07, 2011 4:31 pm

The gayness is strong in this one.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

welsh

Post by welsh » Sat May 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Justin Credible wrote:How many people on here are health conscious ?
Gave up hash about 3 years,last year I started cycling everywhere and to college daily, 9 weeks ago gave up ciggies and 6 weeks ago gave up drink,last drink i had was the night I met dicie.

Why dont I feel better ?
I feel just as bad as I did when I was smoking, drinking and stuffing my face with junk.
I would imagine for the amount of time you abused your body then it's going to take longer than usual for you to start feeling better but i reckon it wont be long before you start feeling some sort of benefit...

hang the dj

Post by hang the dj » Sat May 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Smoked for about a week when I was 15 or 16 but that was it.

Still drinking but not as much as I used to but still to partial to the odd bender & when I do it I do it right

Also used to live off takeaways all weekend, trying to cut that down to once a month

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 pm

It will take years before fully recovering from not smoking.

welsh

Post by welsh » Sat May 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Years ago i used to do my own little iron man thing,I used to cycle 7 miles to the nearsest swimming pool then swim for an hour ( ok sometimes stop when there was some stunning birds in the pool ) cycle back home then straight on a 4 mile run...

Best i could do these days is the 4 mile run............................................................in the car.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

what annoys me more is I am still waiting for this "extra weight" I am suposed to gain from not smoking.
I was alway pretty thin even though i could eat as much junk and drink like a fish...greyhound breed, but being on the wrong side of 40 and off the ciggies should mean I shouldpile on the pounds but no sign yet.

I worked for 19years for a truck company so any hangovers etc were gone in half an hour by the time you start physically loading trucks and hauling boxes about, and blamed that for the reason I stayed lean but no excuses now

welsh

Post by welsh » Sat May 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Justin Credible wrote:what annoys me more is I am still waiting for this "extra weight" I am suposed to gain from not smoking.
I was alway pretty thin even though i could eat as much junk and drink like a fish...greyhound breed, but being on the wrong side of 40 and off the ciggies should mean I shouldpile on the pounds but no sign yet.

I worked for 19years for a truck company so any hangovers etc were gone in half an hour by the time you start physically loading trucks and hauling boxes about, and blamed that for the reason I stayed lean but no excuses now
Well there's a change or lack of one as your exercising more and that's why you haven't put on weight.

DMA

Post by DMA » Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 am

Justin Credible wrote:How many people on here are health conscious ?

Why dont I feel better ?
Give it time Gaz, Have a look at your diet too eat healthy and you will be healthy. I gave up the cigs at Christmas and I vowed to lose weight starting new year not a good mix I know but now its May and I have lost over a stone I weighed myself other week and was 17stone 2 pound and I put it down to eating healthy
I used to destroy indian food 3 maybe 4 times a week now it's down to 1 or none a week and I eat 3 good meals a day, As you know I don't drink at all, When I stopped drinking heavy it took me six months before I felt better for it and the first few weeks I felt like shit must have been the cold turkey effect.
Keep the good eating up stay of the cigs and booze and you will be ok. See your Doc ask him to refer you to a dietician if your concerned about your weight they can give you a healthy diet and you will gain weight too.
Good Luck mate.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 am

the only worry I have with weight is I cannot put it on.When I cut down on drinking , from 7 nights a week for near on 20 years I lost weight...must have been all the calories in the beer and stout.
My wife is convinced due to my overhyperactivity or braindamage as she calls it.I might have some problem with sugar levels...from all the sweets, chocolate and coke I eat and drink and still like a skinny fucker.

I am only 12 stone...my heaviest ever was 13 and a half but I got sick 2 years ago with a illness where i lost 2 stone in just over a week and never really got back to that weight.
And the older you get inlife its always beneficial to be a little overweight than underweight in case of illness ever striking again

sat

Post by sat » Mon May 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Eat more lard.

Starvin

Post by Starvin » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

I eat all the time and I manage to stay a healthy 25 stone.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 09, 2011 8:52 pm

like dicie then ?

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am

Starvin wrote:I eat all the time and I manage to stay a healthy 25 stone.
How heavy is your other leg? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 am

I'm 17 clem of pure adonis...
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Top Gun

Post by Top Gun » Thu May 12, 2011 5:04 pm

soooooo slim and trim u sexy beast

hang the dj

Post by hang the dj » Thu May 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Isn't that Dicie's target weight? ;)

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat May 14, 2011 4:37 pm

I gave up drinking for about 6 months, but it was weeks before the morning headaches stopped and I started to sleep better and feel better. You'll get there. Just takes time that's all.
he came, and he went
and in between, nothing