TARGET Swiss Points

How's your arrers going?
topofthetops
Location: Not quite sure I think it used to be called England

TARGET Swiss Points

Post by topofthetops » Sat May 29, 2021 11:30 am

After some advice, I won a Premier league comp off a betting site for a set of Target player darts and noticed quite a few have the choice of standard points or the Swiss points with the tool. What are peoples thoughts on the Swiss points are they really much different?
Dave Chisnall - 10 years of making the hard part look easy and the easy part look impossible

The Thorn

Re: TARGET Swiss Points

Post by The Thorn » Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 am

I haven't used them but I know a lot of people don't like them as they break easily. The normal points are fine enough, if they don't stay in the board just use a bit of sandpaper and you're good. So I'd go with them unless you really want to try the Swiss for some reason
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

topofthetops
Location: Not quite sure I think it used to be called England

Post by topofthetops » Sun May 30, 2021 12:08 am

The Thorn wrote: โ†‘Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 am I haven't used them but I know a lot of people don't like them as they break easily. The normal points are fine enough, if they don't stay in the board just use a bit of sandpaper and you're good. So I'd go with them unless you really want to try the Swiss for some reason
Cheers mate thanks for the reply
Dave Chisnall - 10 years of making the hard part look easy and the easy part look impossible

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:44 am

Any barrel with a changeable point like the Swiss point or Powerpoint from Harrows for example is in my opinion a good option if you play a lot and practice daily, I found with the barrels I use that after changing the points 2 or 3 times it is hit and miss if when repointing them the points will fix in so I end up using a brand new set which takes time to break in and feel comfortable with, Also as I found out a couple of years ago using the gold target points that they changed the width of the points and I couldn't get any to stick in my barrels without using superglue to fix them in.

Years ago I used Harrow's Powerpoints and had the same barrels for years and could just easily unscrew the used points and whack a new set on, Its something ive considered going back to using.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:24 am

My find on Swiss Points is they certainly stay in the board. However, the barrel lays broken on the floor - AVOID!

I might still have the email(s) I sent to Target on their shite product, not that anyone is remotely interested.

I'm nearing 50 posts and Comp availability inclusion
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:26 am

Suspect Device wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:24 amnot that anyone is remotely interested
Correct
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:41 am

Hey Thorn, you are me?
Why are you replying to yourself?
Go multiply somewhere else before we get caught.

That makes 50 posts, all of which had plenty of words included.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:44 am

The Thorn wrote:
Suspect Device wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:24 amnot that anyone is remotely interested
Correct
+1

Suspect should fuck off to the comp threads.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Hey Bob,
I'm honoured by your reply ๐Ÿ˜˜
Point me in the right direction