Online TDF Darts Tournament?

How's your arrers going?
User avatar
ILAD
Posts:3660
Joined:Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Location:Gods country (Geordieland)
Contact:
Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by ILAD » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Ross, Bob wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:06 pm
ILAD wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:44 pm
Ross, Bob wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm
ILAD wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:41 pm
Jimmi wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:48 pm
+1
Are shit breaks allowed?
Dave signed up?
Don’t take the piss mate, he will be looking for addresses.
Apologies, mate. Just trying to be relevant.
Dave feels the same mate, his only relevance is ridicule on a tin pot forum..... and being as shite as Keith Carter.

ChrisW
Posts:4472
Joined:Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by ChrisW » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm in! Also for the breaks.

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts:22271
Joined:Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Anyone fancy a few games before the afternoon session?
Image

Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts:22271
Joined:Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Jimmi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Utter shite from Thorn and myself earlier. :D
Image

Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10300
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:39 am

Image

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10300
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:40 am

Finally got around to putting up a dartboard today.

Probably should have taken the photo before I spent half an hour peppering the 5s and 1s.

😁

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts:39788
Joined:Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by The Thorn » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am

Looks good mate

Will have to have a game sometime

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10300
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:26 am

The Thorn wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am
Looks good mate Will have to have a game sometime
Sure, but give me a few days to get back into it first.

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts:22271
Joined:Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Jimmi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:41 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:26 am
The Thorn wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am
Looks good mate Will have to have a game sometime
Sure, but give me a few days to get back into it first.
Give Thorn about 3 years then.
Image

Not removing till ITV take John Rawling off TV.

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts:39788
Joined:Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by The Thorn » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:45 pm

Jimmi wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:41 pm
Captain Hobo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:26 am
The Thorn wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am
Looks good mate Will have to have a game sometime
Sure, but give me a few days to get back into it first.
Give Thorn about 3 years then.
Honestly I'm fucked. My throwing action is just constantly different. I can't do the same throw every day. I struggle to release the dart as well.

I am trying to have a practice every day now. Will keep at it for a couple months and see how it goes.

User avatar
TheMalteseDart
Posts:8259
Joined:Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Know how you feel, I put my board up at the start of lockdown and I just feel I haven’t improved, there’s something fundamentally wrong with my grip that I just can’t change no matter how much I throw, I change a lot and also stick with the same thing for a long time and nothing gets better, amount of single 12s I hit after 2 years of playing is embarrassing..


Only way I think I can get at least to a 60 average in my lifetime is to be coached because I’ve tried everything, only hit 1 180 in my life and the next one is nowhere in sight, depressing when these players like Gawlas turn up after 3 years of playing and bang in 100 averages like it’s nothing
Image

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts:94971
Joined:Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location:Surrey
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:07 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:57 pm
Know how you feel, I put my board up at the start of lockdown and I just feel I haven’t improved, there’s something fundamentally wrong with my grip that I just can’t change no matter how much I throw, I change a lot and also stick with the same thing for a long time and nothing gets better, amount of single 12s I hit after 2 years of playing is embarrassing.. Only way I think I can get at least to a 60 average in my lifetime is to be coached because I’ve tried everything, only hit 1 180 in my life and the next one is nowhere in sight, depressing when these players like Gawlas turn up after 3 years of playing and bang in 100 averages like it’s nothing
Congratulations.... you have achieved jobber status..............

User avatar
TheMalteseDart
Posts:8259
Joined:Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:20 pm

I wish I was a jobber TT imagine being Steve Lennon makes about 45k a year playing darts could be worse
Image

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts:39788
Joined:Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by The Thorn » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:01 pm

I've hit like 15 180s in my career. But I'm completely useless and always been. And I have had troubles with some mild dartitis, can't release the dart when I want to or my feet keeps moving like Mark Webster a few years ago

User avatar
ILAD
Posts:3660
Joined:Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Location:Gods country (Geordieland)
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by ILAD » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:22 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:01 pm
I've hit like 15 180s in my career. But I'm completely useless and always been. And I have had troubles with some mild dartitis, can't release the dart when I want to or my feet keeps moving like Mark Webster a few years ago
Are you DBG?

User avatar
Ross, Bob
Posts:10620
Joined:Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Ross, Bob » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:17 pm

ILAD wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:22 pm
The Thorn wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:01 pm
I've hit like 15 180s in my career. But I'm completely useless and always been. And I have had troubles with some mild dartitis, can't release the dart when I want to or my feet keeps moving like Mark Webster a few years ago
Are you DBG?
Thorn is cunt?
"Every time Fattys bitch mentions my name I will spam at least 5 threads" - JC having a meltdown

Image

User avatar
Gidra
Posts:2243
Joined:Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Gidra » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 pm

I had great practice tonight, couple of 12 and bunch of 15 darters. Only few were bellow 21, one where I stacked on d1, could not hit damn thing for two visits.
Almost every leg I slap atleast one 180 and had probably more than 50% on doubles.
I believe I should try q-school next year. Any tip? Experience?
Image

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10300
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Captain Hobo » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:37 am

TheMalteseDart wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:57 pm
Know how you feel, I put my board up at the start of lockdown and I just feel I haven’t improved, there’s something fundamentally wrong with my grip that I just can’t change no matter how much I throw, I change a lot and also stick with the same thing for a long time and nothing gets better, amount of single 12s I hit after 2 years of playing is embarrassing.. Only way I think I can get at least to a 60 average in my lifetime is to be coached because I’ve tried everything, only hit 1 180 in my life and the next one is nowhere in sight, depressing when these players like Gawlas turn up after 3 years of playing and bang in 100 averages like it’s nothing
You should definitely try coaching, or at least get someone to video your throw so you know what you're doing.

I should do the same. I'm convinced that I throw and follow through reasonably straight, but last time I was playing in our local team, a guy had a look and said I was following through to the left, which explains why I hit so many 5s.

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10300
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Captain Hobo » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:40 am

Gidra wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 pm
I had great practice tonight, couple of 12 and bunch of 15 darters. Only few were bellow 21, one where I stacked on d1, could not hit damn thing for two visits. Almost every leg I slap atleast one 180 and had probably more than 50% on doubles. I believe I should try q-school next year. Any tip? Experience?
Give it a go, mate.

Worst that can happen is you barely win a game, come back here and become the Forum Hardman.

User avatar
Gidra
Posts:2243
Joined:Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Gidra » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:53 pm

One can only hope
Image

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests