Looking for quality dart board cabinet and board

How's your arrers going?
LoraMoser

Looking for quality dart board cabinet and board

Post by LoraMoser » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:28 am

Not really worried about the board, but looking for a wall mounted cabinet with 2 doors, such as can be seen here:

(pic is not necessarily what I'm looking for specifically, just general size, look)

I've been to the following places:

- 2 locations of Billiard Factory. Very displeased with the quality/workmanship - at least of the ones that I looked at and had interest in.

- Universal Billiards - they do have a good candidate, but they're closed the next 2 days preparing for a "big sale" so couldn't look at it again.

- Dick's Sporting Goods and Cabelas had a few online, but none in the store.

I really want a good quality cabinet. Some I saw at Billiard Factory had very poor fit (cabinet and doors).

My preference has always been not to order something like this online because I can't check fit and finish, etc.... However, if I find a maker who has a great reputation for quality and customer service, I could see myself going in that direction. I just started looking yesterday, so I have much to learn, here.

I can't see myself wanting to spend more than $500 for cabinet and board unless I happen to find one more expensive that I cannot live without Smile Happy to pay less, as well!

Do any of you have any thoughts or recommendations?
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

D & B

Re: Looking for quality dart board cabinet and board

Post by D & B » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Don’t bother with a cabinet get yourself a surround, the holes don’t show up so well.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Stick to billiards

kevinjames

Post by kevinjames » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:23 pm

D & B wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 pm Don’t bother with a dartboard cabinet get yourself a surround, the holes don’t show up so well.
Yea unless you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing, stick with a dartboard surrounds. They are a more practical option.