Soft tip darts

How's your arrers going?
cammydunc

Soft tip darts

Post by cammydunc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi can someone recommend a set of soft tip darts and replacement tips for them. I'm new to the sport and the number of different darts and tips seems like a bit of a minefield.
Thanks in advance.

The Thorn

Re: Soft tip darts

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I don't play soft tip so I'm not sure I can help you with everything. But a few things to consider.

1. Soft tip machines have a weight limit. Check the machine you'll be playing on. On some cheaper boards, you can only play with darts up to 18 grams. On others the weight limit might be 20g or 24g. The weight you see next to soft tip darts is the full weight of the barrel, flight, shaft. (Unlike steel tip where the weight doesn't include accessories.

2. If you can, go to a dart shop and try out darts. That's the best way to see what you're comfortable with.

3. If you can't do that, preferably order a straight barrel dart with ring grip. No need to get an expensive dart, not much difference in quality. Just make sure it's at least 85% tungsten. Avoid brass or silver darts, they are useless.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cammydunc

Post by cammydunc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.

cammydunc

Post by cammydunc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Sorry, one last question. Do all replacement soft tips fit all soft tip barrels?
Thanks again.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Not sure about that. I think usually they do but there are different types around. I believe the most common is the 2ba type thread. Usually the site where you buy tips should specify what type of thread the tips have. But I'd look for 2ba tips.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE