Kevin Burness N Ireland

How's your arrers going?
Dicie

Kevin Burness N Ireland

Post by Dicie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:08 am

Hits a 9 darter at the Clonmel open last night.

Well played big man

sat

Re: Kevin Burness N Ireland

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 am

Well done indeed. You ever hit one Dicie?

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:16 am

sat wrote:Well done indeed. You ever hit one Dicie?
Not in an open event pet no. Have a few scratched up, but they dont count unless others see them in my opinion

sat

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:23 am

The fact you have done it at all is amazing in my eyes. I have only ever hit something like four 180s in my life, let alone doing one after the other!

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 am

sat wrote:The fact you have done it at all is amazing in my eyes. I have only ever hit something like four 180s in my life, let alone doing one after the other!

Mr magoo (john mcgowan) has hit upwards of 50 at home, and after speaking to him the day after he hit 1 in holland at a pdc event he said none of them mattered if he didnt win the match.

Iv had 1 hit against me by John o shea, a lad from the north John Elder hit 9 maxs in 7 legs against me in tramore a few yrs ago, the 2 legs i won were both 12 darters. A lad from Donegal in a marathon charity thing hit 5 maxs back to back (2back 2back 2back if u like)

sat

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:35 am

Shows how much talant there is out there.

Let me ask you then, why do you think we (massive generalisation alert) tend to see the same old faces on the tv all the time?

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:40 am

sat wrote:Shows how much talant there is out there.

Let me ask you then, why do you think we (massive generalisation alert) tend to see the same old faces on the tv all the time?

Money

As simple as that pet, money and no ther reason.

I cud hand pick possibly 4 lads from N ireland now and maybe 3 from the south that wud not be out of place in the top 24 or 32 of the pdc.
Only think stopping these players is the cost of the tour, you look at lakeside and each year we see possibly 4 or 5 new faces, but the bdo system is fairer in this way, where as the pdc system (2 yr system) is minding the top players such as barney and a few others.

England is littered with excellent players, go to most county games once a month and you will see lads every bit as good as them in the ranks of the pdc from 17th down.

sat

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 am

I was hoping you weren't going to say that.

The PDC system I am not a fan of, the fact it is over two years seems unfair, and the heavily loaded money for tv gigs doesn't help.

How much money would one of the guys you mention need to play enough BDO events to get high up the rankings?

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:53 am

sat wrote:I was hoping you weren't going to say that.

The PDC system I am not a fan of, the fact it is over two years seems unfair, and the heavily loaded money for tv gigs doesn't help.

How much money would one of the guys you mention need to play enough BDO events to get high up the rankings?

A good friend of Lurgans and my own is trying it this yr as we speak. Martin carvill.

he currently sits in 40 odd place in the rankings after only playing 5 events, he is a real proper dart player, in my opinion he is the complete dart player, scores heavy, finishes well.

He reckons its in and around £400 per event, that covers travel, entry, accom and grubb.....

sat

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 am

Ouch! So much for it being a working class game.

So basically a player needs several sponsors to be able to do it without making themselves skint.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sun May 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Well done to Kevin, and to Dave as well for winning the event