Starvin's Tip of the Week.

How's your arrers going?
Starvin

Starvin's Tip of the Week.

Post by Starvin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:20 am

Blade 4's are as hard as granite and last years Masters and Lakeside threw up all sorts of problems with bounce outs.
They aint changed much since then and depending on what batch you get, you may well find them still hard.

Anyway, by roughing up the point end on a brick or with emery cloth will stop them falling out. New points are the worse and unless you want to take a dustpan and brush with you to sweep up the fall outs, rough the fuck out of them before you start.

Points should always be sharp of course and a few twists with one of those jiffy things or a small stone will sort that, but that wont stop the fall outs on blade 4's, you need to rough the very pointed end up.

M H
Site Admin

Re: Starvin's Tip of the Week.

Post by M H » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:27 am

Did you notice the way the Unicorn boards scuffed up in Blackpool and Germany? Also the amount of darts just falling out of the boards?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 am

Never tried a Blade 4 and i have to say i'm happy with the Eclipse not being as hard as nails although if you watched the European Championships and the trouble they had you'd be forgiven for thinking they had granite boards to.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 am

could you imagine if the bdo and pdc used the same board........955 of routs posts and 90% of jacks post would be obsolete

Starvin

Post by Starvin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:30 am

M H wrote:Did you notice the way the Unicorn boards scuffed up in Blackpool and Germany? Also the amount of darts just falling out of the boards?
Yes there have been various issues in quality but in fairness to Unicorn they do seem to get things rightin the end. Winmau on the other hand have been in a struggle with these new boards and that is because they never had a proper test done before they put themout.

Tungsten Terrorist

Post by Tungsten Terrorist » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Starvin.......what a fabulous user name

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:23 pm

why am I not surprised this name appeals to you TT

Tungsten Terrorist

Post by Tungsten Terrorist » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Justin Credible wrote:why am I not surprised this name appeals to you TT
great tea thread name!!

doG

Post by doG » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:47 pm

M H wrote:Did you notice the way the Unicorn boards scuffed up in Blackpool and Germany? Also the amount of darts just falling out of the boards?
Yeah nah, but I did notice the treble sectors were quite a bit larger then the WDF sanctioned boards.
doG
dOg...off his chain

king bristow

Post by king bristow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

A180 darts sells a nice board for £20 target pro tour,some mates did a 24 hr darts marathon for charity and used one of these boards nice thin wires and my mate says he cant recall any bounce outs.

doG

Post by doG » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 pm

king bristow wrote:A180 darts sells a nice board for £20 target pro tour,some mates did a 24 hr darts marathon for charity and used one of these boards nice thin wires and my mate says he cant recall any bounce outs.
If you extend the marathon to 48hrs your dart grouping will improve and you should succeed in getting a few bounce outs of other darts.

doG
dOg...off his chain

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 am

Dart Flight Wind Spinners

Here's a novel idea that will produce a talking point for friends and neighbours whilst creating hours of endless fun for the family.

Don't throw away any old darts flights but instead save them up till you have at least a dozen then get a needle and length of thread, tie a knot in the end of it and carefully feed it through the middle of them till your flights are all linked. (get an adult to do this part).
It's also best to vary the order of the flights dependant on colour for full impact.
Once your ready to put your flight wind spinner in the garden find a suitable spot which is open to the elements but is also visible from the safety of the house and secure the spinner firmly using some sellotape and hey presto!

*you can go one further and create a few spinners, add a bell to the end of each one and stick them close together to produce a beautiful Darts flight wind chime*