Tis the time for a new season

How's your arrers going?
Ross, Bob

Re: Tis the time for a new season

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:11 am
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:11 am
Mabbsy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:12 pm Couldnt make the start of the match this week so didnt play.
Before you comment (DBG) no I wasnt dropped as they still wanted me to go on last when we were already 11-7 down but I declined.
We lost 14-7 so another bad night darts wise.

The spread was average at best.
More likely the case that they told you not to bother turning up and thought they had a full team then some other cunt didn't show so they then asked you to attend.
Dave speaking from personal experience there :roll:
Not unlikely.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:10 pm

Giving it a go again tonight, away to the league leaders, confidence is not high !

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:17 am

Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:10 pm Giving it a go again tonight, away to the league leaders, confidence is not high !
Player short again were they?

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 am

We lost 14-7 but yours truly wins 2-1 in the singles including a 122 checkout.

Spread was awful.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:37 am

Good effort mate
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm

Well played, I'd like to join a darts team at some point, but i'm so awful i can't bring myself to do it yet, I know people say it doesn't matter down the pub as everyone's crap but i don't wanna show my face until I learn to stop pulling darts aimed at 20 into 12...

Although I've only played darts pissed once down the pub and me and my mate battered these 2 fellas off the board in a double start match, maybe if i drink Dimi specials before I play at home it might make me play reasonably okay

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:07 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm Well played, I'd like to join a darts team at some point, but i'm so awful i can't bring myself to do it yet, I know people say it doesn't matter down the pub as everyone's crap but i don't wanna show my face until I learn to stop pulling darts aimed at 20 into 12...

Although I've only played darts pissed once down the pub and me and my mate battered these 2 fellas off the board in a double start match, maybe if i drink Dimi specials before I play at home it might make me play reasonably okay
I still pull darts all over the place and still played.
My mate too.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:25 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:17 am
Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:10 pm Giving it a go again tonight, away to the league leaders, confidence is not high !
Player short again were they?
The lad has never portrayed himself as anything special unlike the special spastic that you are.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm Well played, I'd like to join a darts team at some point, but i'm so awful i can't bring myself to do it yet, I know people say it doesn't matter down the pub as everyone's crap but i don't wanna show my face until I learn to stop pulling darts aimed at 20 into 12...

Give it a go mate. It's going to be a steep learning curve either way, learning to play in that environment

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Follow DBG's tips to become a successful player, what could possibly go wrong ?

Seriously, just have a go, enjoy yourself and you never know, those single 12's might turn into treble 12's then everyone's a winner.
It's unlikely that it will change your life forever so just go out and enjoy yourself.
Keep us posted.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:18 am

Mabbsy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Seriously, just have a go, enjoy yourself and you never know, those single 12's might turn into treble 12's then everyone's a winner.
It's unlikely that it will change your life forever so just go out and enjoy yourself.
Keep us posted.
My tips are wasted on you fools.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:05 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:18 am
Mabbsy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Keep us posted.
My tips are wasted on you fools.
Do the tips you give yourself work Dave?

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:18 am

We go again tonight...………………. then we play darts !!!

Away match at the pub that used to be my local many years ago and where I first played a league match, still a few people in there that I know.
Hope I can keep up the reasonable form from last week but that the team can win for once !!
Should be a good night but not expecting much from the spread, the quality seems to have dropped across the board since pre-covid days.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:18 am We go again tonight...………………. then we play darts !!!

Away match at the pub that used to be my local many years ago and where I first played a league match, still a few people in there that I know.
Hope I can keep up the reasonable form from last week but that the team can win for once !!
Should be a good night but not expecting much from the spread, the quality seems to have dropped across the board since pre-covid days.
Time to start snubbing the footy card or whatever teams use to pay for the food, Once had a situation where without me knowing the rest of the team all said not to pay into the football card at a venue as half went towards food and the last time we played there we got served crisps and stale sandwiches, I was at work until 8pm and arrived at the venue 5 mins before the match was due to start and the bloke selling the footy card squares was next to me at the bar and I just chucked him £2 and said put me on any teams not taken....Team mates all giving it....'Why the fuck did you do that greeny' :D

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:06 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:40 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:18 am We go again tonight...………………. then we play darts !!!

Time to start snubbing the footy card or whatever teams use to pay for the food, Once had a situation where without me knowing the rest of the team all said not to pay into the football card at a venue as half went towards food and the last time we played there we got served crisps and stale sandwiches, I was at work until 8pm and arrived at the venue 5 mins before the match was due to start and the bloke selling the footy card squares was next to me at the bar and I just chucked him £2 and said put me on any teams not taken....Team mates all giving it....'Why the fuck did you do that greeny' :D
Cool story mate

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:18 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:06 pm

Cool story mate
Got plenty of them....Over 25 years of playing

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:20 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Cool story mate
Would love to hear more

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Not seen a footy card post-lockdowns, think the landlords are just making a token effort as they're glad to have darts back and people drinking again, st least the pubs are still open which is a blessing.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 am

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Cool story mate
‘Did I tell you about the time I won the Oxford open’

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:31 am

Oppo cancelled one hour before toe the Oche.

Not ideal but we claimed the points.