Tis the time for a new season

How's your arrers going?
Mabbsy

Re: Tis the time for a new season

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Giving it a go again tonight, played OK in the pairs last week so hopefully get a gig in the singles again tonight.
Spread will be a 2 out of 10 if we're lucky :o

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Enjoy the evening mate. With a poor spread a dogmeat on the way home's compulsory
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Lost 12-9 but yours truly wins 2-1 in the singles, spread 1/10 but no dogmeat on the way home

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Back out to play tonight after the strifes recent health scare, away game at a hell hole of a venue where the beer is crap, the ambience is crap and the darts throw is crap. Can safely predict that the spread will be 0/10 and I will be in the decent boozer across the road as soon as possible after the last double has been hit :D

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:42 pm

So I essentially stopped playing back in January to sort out my health issues. Team got hold of me a couple of weeks ago asking if I could play as they were short of players. Was a cup competition against one of the Premier Division sides.

Managed to win 2-1 after being 1-0 down and we went on to take the victory 5-4 in the 8's sudden death (finished 4-4 after the singles)

I've said I'll be on standby in case they're short again but won't play otherwise; but it was good to be back playing :) Will probably enter some small local tournaments over the next few months just to get back into things before deciding whether to sign on again.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Grazer wrote:So I essentially stopped playing back in January to sort out my health issues. Team got hold of me a couple of weeks ago asking if I could play as they were short of players. Was a cup competition against one of the Premier Division sides.

Managed to win 2-1 after being 1-0 down and we went on to take the victory 5-4 in the 8's sudden death (finished 4-4 after the singles)

I've said I'll be on standby in case they're short again but won't play otherwise; but it was good to be back playing :) Will probably enter some small local tournaments over the next few months just to get back into things before deciding whether to sign on again.
Gra, you know the score mate. What is your spread rating and did your good lady have to rescue you from a prostrate position in the bog?

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

M H wrote:
Grazer wrote:So I essentially stopped playing back in January to sort out my health issues. Team got hold of me a couple of weeks ago asking if I could play as they were short of players. Was a cup competition against one of the Premier Division sides.

Gra, you know the score mate. What is your spread rating and did your good lady have to rescue you from a prostrate position in the bog?
Spread rating was a decent 7/10 and not this time but then, I can't drink much now (not that I used to be able to anyway)

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:

Spread rating was a decent 7/10 and not this time but then, I can't drink much now (not that I used to be able to anyway)
Say hi to the good lady for me and have yourselves a wonderful Christmas mate

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm

M H wrote:
Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:

Will do :)

Need to sort out a game soon :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:
Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:

Indeed mate, hopefully get Andy in as well

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:
Grazer wrote:
M H wrote:

I’m in as long as it is held somewhere that won’t cost me over a fiver a pint.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 pm

We may have the beginning of a plan for the new year

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Been a long time coming!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 pm

D & B wrote:Been a long time coming!
Speak for yourself mate

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Surprised you can still get it up, old man.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 pm

I have my moments young Benny, problem is I rarely remember them

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm

M H wrote:I have my moments young Benny, problem is I rarely remember them
I assume we are talking about seconds, here.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

M H wrote:We may have the beginning of a plan for the new year
Could be interesting this, what are you thinking about MH ?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 am

Find a date and location good for all and away we go

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am

M H wrote:Find a date and location good for all and away we go
It's worth considering yes :D