What standard?

How's your arrers going?
D & B

Re: What standard?

Post by D & B » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:02 am

Is it a habit Snakey, where previously you have felt good and played "cracking darts" so you try to emulate that same level or the alcohol just numbs the nerves. Does that make sense?

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 am

just missed D13 for a 12 darter after i was giving up on life.

i've decided to stop playing for the night, after that highlight

no doubt i'll be utterly baffled tomorrow when i don't hit 2 trebles a visit.

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:24 am

Just interested mate.

I've played a lot of sports, but only football to a decent level and not once can I say alcohol has enhanced my performance.

Is it a nerve steadier or an actual advantage.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 am

frustratingly bad, then out of the blue I get a good run, then a spell of
yips and can't let go's. It's not like I ever practice, well, I take that back.
I toss about 20 minutes a day. not all at once, though. I break it down
into 2 or 3 eight minute sessions, which is a very narrow window to get to my
optimum drink-level (2 full ones and then sippers). so I find myself rushing to
get my drinks in before the eight minutes are up which is not at all good for my game.
ya think I'm kidding?
I am, a little.

(not sure if my answer actually contributed anything.
so, my response is I don't know, been practicing cricket numbers)

In 501, I'm fairly certain that I could give a shitty player a good game and visa versa

doG

Post by doG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 am

Yeah nah, 67 average so No1 statistics says, and that includes all the shockers where I couldn't get out to save myself.

I think from memory from DC forum days that most people agreed if you had an 80 3 dart average you should be playing for $$$, and win your fair share.

doG
dOg...off his chain

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:11 am

On a good day, and I mean a very good day I'd probably average around the 65 mark. Sadly those days are few and far between. I was talking with DBG on Facebook the other day about my weird grip and he gave me a tip which I tried yesterday with early encouraging results.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

doG

Post by doG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 am

M H wrote:On a good day, and I mean a very good day I'd probably average around the 65 mark. Sadly those days are few and far between. I was talking with DBG on Facebook the other day about my weird grip and he gave me a tip which I tried yesterday with early encouraging results.
Yeah nah..... how many time have I heard this !
Go on, give it ago then. But I've always said your natural grip is best, just develop it. If you have to totally manufacture your throw than I would say, that person, has no natural talent, and darts is not your sport.

doG
dOg...off his chain

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 am

The tip of the dart runs through my fingernail Dog and as much as it feels comfortable my release spins the dart. Something I've been conscious of for years and tried to eradicate. Every time I've tried a new through I've always gone back to the old but this is only a slight adjustment so may work.

doG

Post by doG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 am

M H wrote:The tip of the dart runs through my fingernail Dog and as much as it feels comfortable my release spins the dart. Something I've been conscious of for years and tried to eradicate. Every time I've tried a new through I've always gone back to the old but this is only a slight adjustment so may work.
Yeah nah, spirialing darts.
Of course everyone knows the best gun barrels in the world put a spin on the bullet, and the most accurate missiles have a spin put on them by the winglets.
So why does MH have a talent that he wishes to eliminate ?

doG
dOg...off his chain

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 am

Because there are times I can't control the spin Dog and they veer to the right. I try to compensate by standing slightly to the left but even then it can be very hit and miss.

doG

Post by doG » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:50 am

M H wrote:Because there are times I can't control the spin Dog and they veer to the right. I try to compensate by standing slightly to the left but even then it can be very hit and miss.
Yeah nah, are we still talkin darts ? :o
doG
dOg...off his chain

force666

Post by force666 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 pm

60-70 and i can have extended spells at the boozer of 70+ for a night but conversely im more than capable of going out to 50 odd dart legs through foolishly doing battle with dbl 1 or worse 3 left as invariably the sgl 1 becomes the most microscopic of targets to try and hit. played/play superleague (i have left darts alone for 6 months for a number of reasons and not long picked them back up but am getting back where i should be with each day) i think my first season avg dipped to 65ish and my second season or half season before i ceased playing worse crashing towards the 50 mark i think with my last game struggling something horrific with letter them go.

this time i have more in my armoury and will come back stronger as i have proved locally already in the short space of time back out practising