OUTSHOTS Darts Checkout Combination Cards

How's your arrers going?
Jonny

OUTSHOTS Darts Checkout Combination Cards

Post by Jonny » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi all. This is my first post on the forum...

A bit of background information on me- I have been a huge darts fan since I was a kid... back in the day I used to watch the old Embassy World Championships with my parents where Raymond van Barneveld, Steve Beaten and Richie Burnett were regularly winning at the Lakeside. 15 years or so later (approx. June 2013) after watching darts on Sky Sports for years, I finally put up my own practice board up and set about finding a local league to play in. Unfortunately, what I didn't know was that the season was about to end and I'd have to wait until September 2013 for a game.

I have just finished my first season with the Titanic Arrows in the North Belfast Darts League where we gained promotion from Division 1 into the Premier League! At the beginning of my first season I was hooked... I loved the practice and I how winning/losing matches on a Tuesday night seemed to set my mood for the coming week. Thankfully, I won more than I lost in this opening period.

About 2 months or so into the season, an unfortunate incident at the beach involving my dog and a retractable dog lead left me with a dislocated shoulder... and it had to be my right shoulder. Even though I haven't been throwing very long I was completely gutted. "No darts for a while" said the doctor.

With a few months of x-rays, scans and physiotherapy ahead, I thought that I may as well learn the checkouts. That way, when I recovered and brought my game back to the same standard, I'd be a better player for it.

I started off trying to learn the standard 2-sided checkout card that came free with my Blade 4. But this was proving to be more difficult than I thought, especially because when I watched the pros play they were using different checkouts than the ones I had just tried to learn.

After a short period of frustration, I set myself the task of working out all the available checkouts and which ones I would use myself. 6 months of hard work later, the end result is a comprehensive set of darts checkout combination cards.

I have put the cards up for sale on Amazon.co.uk for £5.00+£1.00 P&P (total price is £6.00 but Amazon.co.uk has them listed at £1.52 +£4.48 P&P) and was wondering whether anyone on the forum would be interested in buying.

I have also created a Facebook page for the cards if anyone wants to have a look: https://www.facebook.com/outshots

I had designed them with the intention to help beginners. But have since figured out that there an amazing practice tool, especially when you get sick of throwing at 20s/19s/18s or playing the standard practice games. The deck contains about 4,000 different checkouts and I've been using a permanent pen/Sharpie and just marking them off one at a time.

I have contacted a number of online darts retailers and hopefully should have these for sale in the usual places.

TheArrow

Re: OUTSHOTS Darts Checkout Combination Cards

Post by TheArrow » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:01 pm

What physiotherapy exercises did you do?
It's no mistake retards is an anagram of darters...

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:08 pm

If you want to sell a mess of these in Poland, have every combo end with a double one.
just a thought.

D & B

Post by D & B » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 pm

If you want a review on them just give me a pm for my address.

Yours Sincerely

Rout

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

I did about 10 different rotator cuff exercises which involved arms being outstretched with large circular movements. I have the exercise sheet filed away somewhere and could probably dig this out if someone wants to have a look at it. This was every morning and evening for about three months or so with gentle weights added towards the end. Felt a bit pathetic using super light ladies keep-fit weights but I had lost all strength in right shoulder.

In my final physio session I was advised to use a tennis ball to roll out any knots in my back/shoulder that had built up from the exercises. Basically you place a tennis ball at your shoulder blade and stand against the wall. Rolling the ball around gently for about 5 minutes will release any built up stress. Worth a try with or without injury!
TheArrow wrote:What physiotherapy exercises did you do?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Someone else mentioned this elsewhere, but why oh why oh why would anyone want to carry a load of fucking cards around when most people have smartphones.

Make an app instead!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Jonny wrote:Hi all. This is my first post on the forum...

A bit of background information on me- I have been a huge darts fan since I was a kid... back in the day I used to watch the old Embassy World Championships with my parents where Raymond van Barneveld, Steve Beaten and Richie Burnett were regularly winning at the Lakeside. 15 years or so later (approx. June 2013) after watching darts on Sky Sports for years, I finally put up my own practice board up and set about finding a local league to play in. Unfortunately, what I didn't know was that the season was about to end and I'd have to wait until September 2013 for a game.

I have just finished my first season with the Titanic Arrows in the North Belfast Darts League where we gained promotion from Division 1 into the Premier League! At the beginning of my first season I was hooked... I loved the practice and I how winning/losing matches on a Tuesday night seemed to set my mood for the coming week. Thankfully, I won more than I lost in this opening period.

About 2 months or so into the season, an unfortunate incident at the beach involving my dog and a retractable dog lead left me with a dislocated shoulder... and it had to be my right shoulder. Even though I haven't been throwing very long I was completely gutted. "No darts for a while" said the doctor.

With a few months of x-rays, scans and physiotherapy ahead, I thought that I may as well learn the checkouts. That way, when I recovered and brought my game back to the same standard, I'd be a better player for it.

I started off trying to learn the standard 2-sided checkout card that came free with my Blade 4. But this was proving to be more difficult than I thought, especially because when I watched the pros play they were using different checkouts than the ones I had just tried to learn.

After a short period of frustration, I set myself the task of working out all the available checkouts and which ones I would use myself. 6 months of hard work later, the end result is a comprehensive set of darts checkout combination cards.

I have put the cards up for sale on Amazon.co.uk for £5.00+£1.00 P&P (total price is £6.00 but Amazon.co.uk has them listed at £1.52 +£4.48 P&P) and was wondering whether anyone on the forum would be interested in buying.

I have also created a Facebook page for the cards if anyone wants to have a look: https://www.facebook.com/outshots

I had designed them with the intention to help beginners. But have since figured out that there an amazing practice tool, especially when you get sick of throwing at 20s/19s/18s or playing the standard practice games. The deck contains about 4,000 different checkouts and I've been using a permanent pen/Sharpie and just marking them off one at a time.

I have contacted a number of online darts retailers and hopefully should have these for sale in the usual places.
Get fucked you stupid bastard!

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Jonny wrote:I did about 10 different rotator cuff exercises which involved arms being outstretched with large circular movements. I have the exercise sheet filed away somewhere and could probably dig this out if someone wants to have a look at it. This was every morning and evening for about three months or so with gentle weights added towards the end. Felt a bit pathetic using super light ladies keep-fit weights but I had lost all strength in right shoulder.

In my final physio session I was advised to use a tennis ball to roll out any knots in my back/shoulder that had built up from the exercises. Basically you place a tennis ball at your shoulder blade and stand against the wall. Rolling the ball around gently for about 5 minutes will release any built up stress. Worth a try with or without injury!
TheArrow wrote:What physiotherapy exercises did you do?
Thanks Jonny, if you do manage to dig out the sheet I'll have a look, always looking for new exercises I am.

Cameron

Post by Cameron » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Hi all. This is my first post on the forum...

Get fucked you stupid bastard!
You've gotten nicer since I last saw you Sprocket.

D & B

Post by D & B » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Jonny wrote:Thanks Rout. I'll get this posted to you today.

My initial goal was to create a product to learn the standard checkouts and I can say these definitely work.

I'd be really interested to see what you think of them as a practice tool/game. My standard practice now involves shuffling the cards and selecting one. For the next 20-30 minutes I would throw 3-5 times at a particular checkout before moving onto the next one on the card.

After I've finished or the 30 minutes is up, I'll play against the n01 app on my phone, usually best of 11 or first to 11.

Thanks again for doing this.

Jonny

Skim Skimmedy, Skim Skimmedy..........

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Jonny, where are the exercises you promised me?

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:05 pm

''an unfortunate incident at the beach involving my dog and a retractable dog lead left me with a dislocated shoulder''

Yooo dirty bastard!
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 pm

do you have a shaved fanny

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:''an unfortunate incident at the beach involving my dog and a retractable dog lead left me with a dislocated shoulder''

Yooo dirty bastard!
Getting bored elsewhere mate?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 pm

tedious wolfis, the chief of grief getting ready to slurp on here now

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 pm

jonny ignore the wankers mate, if people cant count, they shouldn't play darts
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Cheers. These are now up for sale on the Red Dragon and Darts GB websites. Feedback has been good so far.

I knew there'd be a few abusive responses... there always is

fandarts wrote:jonny ignore the wankers mate, if people cant count, they shouldn't play darts

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Ginge wrote:Someone else mentioned this elsewhere, but why oh why oh why would anyone want to carry a load of fucking cards around when most people have smartphones.

Make an app instead!
You did ignore this though.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 am

Sale or return I guess?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life