Just in....

How's your arrers going?
micko

Just in....

Post by micko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 am

....from Birr and the finals of the Banagher and district darts league.

We threw one of our worst games all year but yet pulled off an 8-6 win to claim the B title.

Well done to Sullivans of Kilcormac who defeated the Railway bar of Banagher 8-7 to claim the A title.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

andy a

Re: Just in....

Post by andy a » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:44 am

Nice one Micko. How's the head?

D & B

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:41 am

Well done mate, how big is the trophy?

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Not feeling the best this morning, we didn't leave the pub until after 4 this morning.

I have a big trophy Dandy......oh, you mean the dart one.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 pm

out of curiosity how much does a trophy like that cost ?

Jockenaria

Re: Re: Just in....

Post by Jockenaria » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Justin Credible wrote:out of curiosity how much does a trophy like that cost ?
€2
I was alive when Rangers died

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Nice one Micko am pleased for you mate. Now you gotta defend it next season
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Can't say we played anyway well to win the final but we managed to pull it off 8-6.

After losing the toss for the throw, first up for us was Graham.

After scoring badly with his first few throws (easily his worst game of the season) Graham found himself on 200 plus while his opponent was on 178 and had the throw. After hitting two treble 20's and with 58 left to do the lad inexplicably went for the 20 segment again only to hit another treble and bust his score. This gave Graham the impetus to go on and take the leg. 1-0 to us.

Next up was Gary. After a steady but unspectacular leg and a few missed darts at the double, Gary checked out to make 2-0 to us.

I was up next. First two scores were 100 and 85, then I completely fecked up hitting 7 and giving my opponent a lead I wasn't able to pull back. 2-1.

Next up was Barney who threw ok and after having a few words with a few in the crowd took out double 4 to make it 3-1 to us.

Then it was John's turn. A very bad start left John playing catch up and even though he finished strongly it wasn't enough to takke the leg. 3-2.

Up stepped Jeff for the 6th and final leg of the singles. Another uninspiring game but Jeff managed to do just enough to win. 4-2.

Then to the doubles.

First up for us were Gary and Graham. Lads were starting to get a little excited and celebrations were going a little bit over the top at this sage. Throwing against the darts we knew the two boys were going to have a tough time of it. This was proven when the lads lost 2-1. Our lead was now down to one leg, 5-4.

Then it myself and Johns turn on the oche. Another 2-1 loss for us in which I missed double 10 to take a second leg. Only for John finishing 59 in the last leg I think we would have been fecked, as expecting our last doubles to win three on the trot would have been a little too much. 6-6.

Up stepped Jeff and Barney, the two grandads of the team, they didn't disappoint. Even though there was nothing between the teams the lads won the first two legs with jeff checking out 97 to take the game 8-6.

Fair play to the three lads who didn't get a game last night, Gordon, Paul and Mike, we ahd a team of 9 and everyone played their part over the last 6 or 7 months in getting us back up on the stage in Birr.

The darts mightn't have been great on the night but our celebrations were top class. :D
Last edited by micko on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 pm

At least it was a 178 busted mate as it really hurts busting a 180!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 pm

good stuff and all that shit,but now on to the serious business.........how much were the trophies ?

:lol:

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Justin Credible wrote:good stuff and all that shit,but now on to the serious business.........how much were the trophies ?

Skimmers Gaz, the whole lot of them. :D

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Fri May 03, 2013 1:50 am

Justin Credible wrote:good stuff and all that shit,but now on to the serious business.........how much were the trophies ?

Haha I knew where that was leading :D

Congrats, Micko :mrgreen:

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 am

who dah champs?
you dah champs!
good going, micko