Semi final

How's your arrers going?
micko

Semi final

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:37 am

Played the second leg of our semi final of the Banagher and district league B section tonight. we were 10-5 up from the first leg but knew we were up against it as the Camán Inn had won the A section 2 years ago.

Being captain the pressure was on to try and pick the team in order to get us through.
Graham went in first and won against the lad that beat him in 15 darts last week. (1-0 to us.)

Next up was Paddy against me, Paddy finished 60 some thing with me on 70. ( he left me with 200 last week. 1-1)

Next up was Gary for us, with the throw.He lost after missing 2 darts at the double. (2-1 t0 the Camán)

John was next for us, and again just missing out on the double. Things were starting to look bad. (3-1 down.)

Next up was one of our stalwarts ,Barney. I don't think I have ever seen the man throw as bad. He got hammered.(4-1 to the Camán)

Under severe pressure and needing the next game to keep us in with any sort of chance, was the great Jeffery. He didn't dissapoint, (4-2)

Into the doubles with us needing 4 legs out of 9 to get us through to the final.
First up for us was Graham and Gary (our top two players)
With the throw the lads only took one leg. (6-3 to the Camán)

Next up was John and I. We lost the first leg even though we were waiting on a double. The second leg John finished leaving us on a scoreline 7-4 to then Camán.
The third leg both John and I missed darts at double 6 leving the Camán with a 9-4 lead.

Into the last lot of doubles, we needed 2 legs to get through to the final while they needed 2 to get us into a 3 man play off. Jeff and Barney took the first leg but lost rthe second leg after missing 6 darts at a double.

So to the last leg. We needed the win to get through while they needed to win to get to a 3 man play off. After having a disasterous singles up stepped Barney to finish double 8 to see us into the B final.

Well done to all the lads. Jeff, Barney, Gary, Graham, Gordon, Paul, Mike jnr and John........WERE ON STAGE NEXT WEEK LADS!

Have to say, the Camán were the best team we threw against this season. (so far)
Last edited by micko on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

D & B

Re: Semi final

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:19 am

Well done Micko, surprised you were sober enough to the type that out.

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:26 am

D & B wrote:Well done Micko, surprised you were sober enough to the type that out.

Not at all well this morning was a little bit pissed last night, well a big bit :oops:
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

D & B

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 am

micko wrote:
D & B wrote:Well done Micko, surprised you were sober enough to the type that out.

Not at all well this morning was a little bit pissed last night, well a big bit :oops:
And well deserved pal.

What are your chances in the final?

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 am

D & B wrote:
micko wrote:

And well deserved pal.

What are your chances in the final?
The final is first to eight, Dandy. I think Cahill's will be slight favourites, but if our lads throw the way I know they can we'll be hard to beat.
In 4 league finals (2 nenagh A and Banagher A & B) over the last few years we've never left one behind us, so hopefully history will repeat itself.

D & B

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 pm

When is the final scheduled for?

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 pm

D & B wrote:When is the final scheduled for?
Friday evening at 9, Dandy. Up on stage in front of a couple of hundred spectators in Dooley's Hotel in Birr. :D

D & B

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:51 pm

micko wrote:
Friday evening at 9, Dandy. Up on stage in front of a couple of hundred spectators in Dooley's Hotel in Birr. :D
OOoooooo, the big time.

Good luck mate, hope to see the shiny trophy next to the others when we play next.

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 pm

D & B wrote:
micko wrote:
OOoooooo, the big time.

Good luck mate, hope to see the shiny trophy next to the others when we play next.[/quote ]

Web cams aren't much good when I forget to turn on the video chat.... :lol: :lol: :oops:

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 pm

I knew from the outset when you mentioned 10-5 it would be down to the last leg in the return fixture, it was inevitavle.

Good to here darts is flourishing up in banagher, who would have thought the most primitive spot in all or Ireland would be a hotbed for darts on a friday night :D

Well done micko

micko

Post by micko » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Justin Credible wrote:I knew from the outset when you mentioned 10-5 it would be down to the last leg in the return fixture, it was inevitavle.

Good to here darts is flourishing up in banagher, who would have thought the most primitive spot in all or Ireland would be a hotbed for darts on a friday night :D

Well done micko
They eat babies up there don't you know. :D

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:04 pm

raw,,,,,not even cooked

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:33 pm

micko wrote:
Good luck mate and I hope I read a winning write up on Saturday morning
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

M H wrote:
micko wrote:
Good luck mate and I hope I read a winning write up on Saturday morning

At least its not in county tipperary, although Offaly is not much of an improvement :D