Practice games!

How's your arrers going?
lyallers_YNWA

Practice games!

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Anybody got any practice games that they use. Looking to keep practicing interesting rather than just chucking at the board for the sake of it? All about quality of practice over quantity!

gazman

Re: Practice games!

Post by gazman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Have you tried the n01 scoring programme? It lets you play against the comp at differing levels. This is my main source for practice. I think Dicie had some good ones in another thread a while back, but me personally I prefer to play a game, and it keeps your averages so shows how well / crap you are playing.

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm

gazman wrote:Have you tried the n01 scoring programme? It lets you play against the comp at differing levels. This is my main source for practice. I think Dicie had some good ones in another thread a while back, but me personally I prefer to play a game, and it keeps your averages so shows how well / crap you are playing.
Exactly what i have been doing mate! Bobs 27 was another one i used for finishing but it gets a bit monotonous after a while. A practise game involving combination finishes would be good

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:42 pm

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/fanzone/practice-routines/

Had a look at this page. Quite interesting to read what way the pros practice!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

heres a bit of a challenge, 9 darts at the bull.

375 to beat :shock:

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Whilst ive really upped my scoring this year, been struggling big time with my doubles. Try to practice them but always get bored quickly and always fire back to scoring. Anybody know of any good practice games for doubles? Or any members share their routines?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 am

I don't practise doubles at all as I believe the best practise is in gameplay. The vast majority of darts we throw are at the twenty area so I feel that's the best way to practise. If we can't score we wont get a chance at a finish
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm

M H wrote:I don't practise doubles at all as I believe the best practise is in gameplay. The vast majority of darts we throw are at the twenty area so I feel that's the best way to practise. If we can't score we wont get a chance at a finish
Couldn't agree more, although when I'm practicing I just play from 501 straight down. With doubles they either go in or they don't on the night.

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Anyone tried those darts practice rings. Seems quite a new thing. Thinking about ordering them

They have a website http://www.dartspracticerings.com/

And also a facebook group.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Being blunt mate I don't see the point as there's segments all over the board that serve the same purpose. Also bear in mind Bristow's a cash whore who will say anything for coin.

I only watched two minutes of the video but had enough at that point but the practice aid is a board not something stuck to one.

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 pm

M H wrote:Being blunt mate I don't see the point as there's segments all over the board that serve the same purpose. Also bear in mind Bristow's a cash whore who will say anything for coin.

I only watched two minutes of the video but had enough at that point but the practice aid is a board not something stuck to one.
See Mace has been using them on twitter! I think the concept of it is pretty good

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 pm

What's the difference between a ring and a board segment mate? Single's are large, doubles are smaller and trebles are even smaller. I don't know how much this costs but you could replicate it with pins and elastic bands if you want to give it a go

D & B

Post by D & B » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Ha!

Bet Bristow uses them for his cock after the usual nightly session.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:53 pm

lyallers_YNWA wrote:Anyone tried those darts practice rings. Seems quite a new thing. Thinking about ordering them

They have a website http://www.dartspracticerings.com/

And also a facebook group.
One of the lads on our league team has a set. Personally I thought they were pretty good, helps with the grouping of your darts and puts a bit of fun into a practice routine.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

After reading plenty of positive reviews on these, ive decided to order a pack. Might aswell give them ago and see if they can improve my game!

D & B

Post by D & B » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:59 pm

lyallers_YNWA wrote:After reading plenty of positive reviews on these, ive decided to order a pack. Might aswell give them ago and see if they can improve my game!
Thought I was on the dartcraft thread for a second.....