Hello

How's your arrers going?
Dano1205

Hello

Post by Dano1205 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 am

Hi guys

Just thought I’d join the forum as I have recently set up a board in my shed and am having a go at throwing a few darts.

Long time ago I used to play for my local pubs team but mainly for the drinking.

I’m really enjoying playing but I’m terrible lol. I have probably confused myself by watching too many videos on YouTube.

I am trying to keep my arm parallel to the floor and have a right angle with my forearm to upper arm when I do that though my hand and dart is above my line of sight.

I’ve always tried to use the tip of the dart as my focus point when aiming is that right? But with my elbow up I can’t do that.

Hope that makes sense and sorry it’s a bit long winded any tips pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Randall » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:39 am

I honestly never worried about anything like this.
I just did what felt natural
This may explain why I was always shit
Welcome to the forum

Orange

Post by Orange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Welcome, there are many ways to throw the thing to the board. Personally i think it makes no difference wether you aim with the dart in sight or not. If it feels comfortable for you then keep doing that.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Welcome to the forum mate.

I'd advise you to read this about technique: https://www.dartbase.com/technics.htm

However at the end of the day, everyone is different. It seems to me that you may be overthinking it a bit. You can try and work on your throw, but if it doesn't feel comfortable it's useless. Aiming with the tip of the dart is one way to do it but it's not necessary at all.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Dano1205

Post by Dano1205 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome and advice chaps.

Looked over the link that you sent too cheers. I’ll keep plugging away and see how I get on, I’m only playing for fun really and it’s a good excuse to avoid whatever crap Mrs is watching on telly so can’t really lose.

Cheers

Dan