Online TDF Darts Tournament?

How's your arrers going?
Jimmi

Re: Online TDF Darts Tournament?

Post by Jimmi » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:04 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:09 am
Jimmi wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:41 am
Safc wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 pm Hit at 76 average today with my Vinny darts they are going in a lot better than my Waites and Gurney ones and very similar to the Plastic aussie cunt ones.

Damn your filter Rands
Can’t get on with mine.
Probably need to use them more but they go in almost sideways.

Likely a release problem on my part.
Try shifting your balance, Might help you release the darts cleaner.

It can happen when your balance is off or not quite right where you don't release the darts clean as your forcing your body to straighten up to try and throw the dart straight.
Also a problem of mine.
I lean over far too much on my right foot.

Thanks for the advice, Dave. 👍
I’ll try and put it into practise.

And people will probably take the piss out of you giving me advice. But I’m terrible, so I’ll always be happy to take advice from a better player than me.
Fuck off Stuart Pyke and John Rawling!

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Jimmi wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Safc wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 pm Hit at 76 average today with my Vinny darts they are going in a lot better than my Waites and Gurney ones and very similar to the Plastic aussie cunt ones.

Damn your filter Rands
Can’t get on with mine.

It can happen when your balance is off or not quite right where you don't release the darts clean as your forcing your body to straighten up to try and throw the dart straight.
Also a problem of mine.

And people will probably take the piss out of you giving me advice. But I’m terrible, so I’ll always be happy to take advice from a better player than me.
It can be the simplest of things with your balance, Leaning too forward, Position of your trail leg, Standing in the wrong position etc...Just takes time and practice to put it right but personally i know when my balance is spot on as I can see the darts going cleanly through the air on release and also the angle they land in the board at.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:31 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Damn your filter Rands
Can’t get on with mine.

Also a problem of mine.

It can be the simplest of things with your balance, Leaning too forward, Position of your trail leg, Standing in the wrong position etc...Just takes time and practice to put it right but personally i know when my balance is spot on as I can see the darts going cleanly through the air on release and also the angle they land in the board at.
I would never dream of giving out advice on how to play darts as I’m shite, unfortunately there are delusional muppets out there who think they are in the big league.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 pm

ILAD wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Can’t get on with mine.

Also a problem of mine.

I would never dream of giving out advice on how to play darts as I’m shite, unfortunately there are delusional muppets out there who think they are in the big league.
From seeing Dave’s averages, he’s clearly better than me.
Not quite 100 averages from what I’ve been hearing but still a lot better than what I can throw.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Jimmi wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Also a problem of mine.

Not quite 100 averages from what I’ve been hearing but still a lot better than what I can throw.
I never mentioned Dave, you obviously think he is shite then.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm

ILAD wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Also a problem of mine.

I never mentioned Dave, you obviously think he is shite then.
Better than me.
But there is delusion included on his part, yes.

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Keep it to the DBG thread, fellas.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm

D & B wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 pm Keep it to the DBG thread, fellas.
That's all of them :mrgreen:

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:52 pm

Also a problem of mine.

If you look at what...6 days worth of events in averages then you are a fool to think someone who has played as long as I have is not capable of more, Averages mean little at the end of the day.

If you knew or know what I went through in 2007 then you would perhaps know that I have a great understanding when it comes to practice, technique etc as ive had to virtually start all over again and learn how to throw darts after my hand surgeries, I get a lot of local players ask me for advice on practicing and technique and it has been said in the past by players like Chris Mason that I have a really nice throw...None of it come naturally, It was all work and effort on every aspect of my throw over a lot of years.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:20 pm

D & B wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 pm Keep it to the DBG thread, fellas.
:)
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:13 pm

Follow through
YORKSHIRE GRIT

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Why do i hit so many big 12s??? :(

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:33 am

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 pm Why do i hit so many big 12s??? :(
No help in the world will sort you out

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:08 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 pm Why do i hit so many big 12s??? :(
Just aim for the 18s and you'll be fine
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 am

The Thorn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:08 pm
That could work lol

Hitting 12's instead of 20's reminds me of a player that used to play in a money league I played in a couple of years ago, He would buy a players darts and try and replicate the players throw, At that time he was trying to throw like Barney and in doing so had a very soft release, You would see him constantly hitting a 12 or even a big 9 throwing at the 20's with the first dart, The guy was useless and would never take advise from others despite asking them for it, I fell out with him a couple of years before this because we let him join our monday night team, He used to come to my house after work on a Monday, He would have dinner and a beer here, We would take him to darts, Give him a lift home which was an extra 18 miles out of our way there and back and at one match he lost and told everyone he threw the game after we took him home and he was at darts on the Thursday night...

So across the room I put his subs he had paid in a money bag....Called him over and made an example out of him, Never spoke a word to him since, Didn't shake his hand either the 3 times I played him after that.

D & B

Post by D & B » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:57 am

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 pm

:mrgreen:

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 am

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 am
The Thorn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:08 pm
That could work lol

Hitting 12's instead of 20's reminds me of a player that used to play in a money league I played in a couple of years ago, He would buy a players darts and try and replicate the players throw, At that time he was trying to throw like Barney and in doing so had a very soft release, You would see him constantly hitting a 12 or even a big 9 throwing at the 20's with the first dart, The guy was useless and would never take advise from others despite asking them for it, I fell out with him a couple of years before this because we let him join our monday night team, He used to come to my house after work on a Monday, He would have dinner and a beer here, We would take him to darts, Give him a lift home which was an extra 18 miles out of our way there and back and at one match he lost and told everyone he threw the game after we took him home and he was at darts on the Thursday night...

So across the room I put his subs he had paid in a money bag....Called him over and made an example out of him, Never spoke a word to him since, Didn't shake his hand either the 3 times I played him after that.
👏 👏
YORKSHIRE GRIT

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:44 pm

Anyone fancy a mini tournament tomorrow morning up to 3pm?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Haven't seen my dartboard in years